The fast-paced way of modern living isn’t conducive to being healthy. One of the major obstacles that people face when attempting to transition into a healthier way of life is a lack of time. What if there were small changes that you can make to your daily rituals that would provide big health returns?
In this episode, Joe and Amber share 5 small, clinically effective changes that you can make that will pay major dividends in the health department.
Topics Discussed Include:
- Why advice to “eat less and exercise more” is bad advice for weight loss
- Why most of us should avoid a carbohydrate heavy breakfast
- How to avoid the dreaded mid-day crash (energy swings and constant hunger)
- Why the world’s major thought leaders choose to exercise in the morning
- How to reset your circadian clock with exercise in the morning
- The relationship between your circadian clock and your hormones
- Why you need to do at least 1 thing you love every day
- Strategies to reduce stress (adult coloring, bath rituals, essential oils, grounding and more)
- How to upgrade your carb game
- Why eliminating all grains from your diet may not be the most sustainable approach
- If you are going to eat bread, what type of bread should you eat?
- Acellular vs. Cellular carbohydrates (which should you eat and which should you avoid?)
- Why you should turn the TV off when you sleep STARTING NOW
- The effect of blue light on your circadian clock
- Poor sleep results in same poor academic test results as binge drinking?
- Melatonin being a powerful antioxidant like hormone that protects against cancer
- Day time sunlight and exercise increase night time melatonin production
Enjoy the show!